Boulder County, Colorado – Amos, a 6 month old golden retriever was playing at Buckingham Green Park when his owner noticed him eating something on the ground.
It was a meatball with green pellets in it, believed to be rat poisoning.
Amos was rushed to the vet, where he stayed the night, and he appears to be recovering well.
At least two other dogs have eaten the poisoned meatballs, and Animal Control officers have searched the park and found more meatballs along trails and under trees. Local residents who have attended the park recently with their dogs are being encouraged to have them checked out. Hopefully they can find the person responsible for this. So scary!
Anyone with information on the incident should call the Boulder County Sheriff’s Office at 303-441-4444.