1. The German Shepherd. Intelligent, protective, gentle, noble, and heroic. An amazing breed that, similar to the golden retriever, has been over-commercialized. Yes, they shed. I don’t care!
2. The Greyhound. I would love to own a greyhound. Specifically, I would love to rescue a retired racing greyhound. This is still on my bucket list. There is just something about that long nose and those beady eyes! They also don’t seem to be a problem in the shedding department.
3. The Newfoundland. Perhaps it is because I am Canadian, but these dogs are like Nannys, or lifeguards. A very gentle family pet. If only they didn’t drool so much. Actually, I could live with this!
4. The Doberman. Another gentle giant. Excellent with children, and (I think) very little shedding for this negatively exploited breed. Tucker’s best friend is a doberman. My daughters’ have a male named Fletch at their dad’s who sometimes gets to romp with Tucker.
5. The Rottweiler. A “doberman on steroids” Why wouldn’t I want to own one of these big babies? Look at that face!
As you can see, I am partial to the large breeds. I have nothing against Pit bulls, but have never had the pleasure of actually interacting with one (they are presently banned here in Ontario.) A boxer is another great breed. Oh, there are so many!!